As technology advances, so does the way many operations are run.
One such process that has changed dramatically since the days of auditioning events, is sports casting.
A sports casting event was once the only way that people could see talented individuals and make a choice on who to star in their production.
Now, there are sports casting agencies, such as Sport & Motion, who help to bridge the gap between talent and director.
But what exactly do we mean when we say sports casting? And why should you work with an agency on your next project?
Let’s take a look.
What is Sports Casting?
When a sports production is due to be made, one of the key considerations for any director is who will star in it.
They need to find someone relatable and who can target their key audience. The perfect candidate will also be an expert in their chosen sport, being able to showcase skills and achievements throughout the film.
So, how do they find these people?
Well, they use sports casting, which is the process of looking through potential candidates and picking the right one for the job.
This can be tricky though, and as the world of social media creates more opportunities for people to become a sports talent or influencer, it becomes harder to pinpoint the perfect person.
This is where a sports casting agency comes in.
Key Roles of a Sports Casting Agency
For directors and sports talent alike, a sports casting agency can play key roles in helping fill roles in productions with the right sport star.
Some key roles of a casting agency are:
- Talent Representation – A sports casting agency will have a wealth of talent in their database who they can offer to directors to help them pick someone for their film. They will work on behalf of both parties if needed, selling the characteristics of the client, and helping the director narrow their search to the perfect person.
- Job Seeking – Finding the right job can be hard, and that is why a sports talent casting agency will always have their finger on the pulse as they keep an eye out for any new openings that may be of interest to someone in their database. Once the right job comes up, they will put the right name forward and make sure they’re name is in the hat for the role.
- Application Guidance – It’s one thing finding the right job, but now you have to get it. A sports casting agency will not only have plenty of contacts who can help throughout your application, but they will also be able to provide guidance on how best to showcase your skills and get the role in question.
- Contract Negotiations – If you’re accepted for the part, then you will need to negotiate a contract. A sports casting agency will often have a consultancy service as well, which can help handle this aspect of the application process and make sure all goes well for client and director.
- Talent Spotting – We’ve mentioned earlier how important it is to find the perfect person for a role, and a sports casting agency can help with this, putting their best candidates forward to a director so they don’t have to go searching. They are also always on the lookout for new talent to join their database, meaning they can always provide fresh and up and coming stars to directors who are seeking them.
There are many other services sports casting directors provide, and more and more people are choosing to work with them now as they provide many stunning benefits.
The Benefits of Working with a Sports Casting Agency
Time is Saved
For directors and clients, spending a long time heading to casting events can be costly, both in time and money.
By working with a sports casting agency, you only get put forward for jobs that suit you, and all of your information, including your showreel, can be shared.
This means a director doesn’t have to spend days looking at applicants, and sports talent can get the job quickly if it fits.
Market Your Skills
If you’ve got plenty of skills but just don’t know how to showcase them, then it can be hard to get yourself in the frame for roles that could be perfect for you.
A sports casting agency is the middleman between you and the director and can make sure they see what you’re made of when looking to fill a spot.
Also, they can give advice on how to market yourself and build your brand while in between jobs so in the future, you can go for something bigger and better.
Provide All Information in One Place
One of the most time-consuming jobs when reviewing applicants is receiving all of the information.
It may be visual, such as someone’s height or even what their favoured hand is, or something different such as age, background, or skill level.
A sports casting agency packages all this into one profile which can be delivered together, meaning all the information you will ever need is in one place.
Access to a Wide Range of Talent
Every sports production is different. Different brands have different visions and messages that they would like to spread.
A sports casting agency will have access to hundreds of talented individuals, from world champions to up and coming talent, and therefore will always have someone who is ideal for your role.
No matter your budget, time constraints, and more, a sports casting agency will be flexible and listen to your needs before providing the right talent for you.
For clients, it gives a chance to rub shoulders with people at the top of their game and be associated with them, which can be inspiring and educational.
The final benefit of working with a sports casting agency is that you gain access to the expertise and experience of someone who has done this for many years.
Whether you’re looking to find the perfect role, or fill it, one of the casting team will be able to provide advice which will help you achieve your goal, which can be invaluable for someone new to the industry looking to find their way.
Whether it’s about the kind of person you’re looking for, the right roles, or the direction of the production, a sports casting agency can act as a sounding board and provide industry advice, access to contacts, and much more.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Sports Casting Agency
If you’re a client or director, choosing the right sports casting agency is vital.
Some things you must consider are:
- Reputation – Reputation is key to not only getting access to the best talent and jobs, but also getting accepted for roles. Choosing an agency with a track record of securing great talent and landing big roles will put you in the best place to do just the same.
- Connections – Having a wide network is vital for finding out about the best jobs and being able to get your name to the top of the list. From directors and choreographers, to consultants and influencers, the more people you can know the better the chance of finding out and landing the best jobs.
- Wealth of Talent – If you choose to work with an agency that has a small number of clients, then your options are limited on who can fill the room. What you need is a company who can provide a wide number of suitable clients, as well as giving all the information needed to help you make a decision.
- Compatibility – You must share the same passion for what you do and feel comfortable working alongside your chosen sports casting agency. If you can build up a good rapport with the team and feel safe in the knowledge they always have your best interests at heart, then this can give you peace of mind you’re in the right place.
- Services Offered – Some sports casting agencies may just get your name through the door, but some may offer much more. We’ve mentioned a few of these earlier, but things like contract negotiations and marketing are extra add ons that can add another dimension to the service you are getting.
Sport & Motion
If you’re looking for a sports casting agency that has a proven track record of filling big roles with great talent, then look no further than Sport & Motion.
Our database contains over 800 talented individuals who are hungry for the next big role.
From influencers and body doubles to models and more, we have the right person no matter what role you’re offering.
Want to know how we can fill the next spot in your sports production? Or are you a talented individual looking to join our family?
Then get in touch today.